- Social media articles: http://www.larkin.net.au/blog/2011/03/13/social-media-articles/
- AEJMC Social Media in the Classroom: http://aejmc.blogspot.com/p/resources.html
- 100 Inspiring Ways to Use Social Media in the Classroom: http://www.onlineuniversities.com/blog/2010/05/100-inspiring-ways-to-use-social-media-in-the-classroom/
- Social Media Classroom: http://socialmediaclassroom.com/host/vircom/wiki/interactive-media-resources
- 100 Tips, Tools, and Resources for Teaching Students about Social Media: http://www.teachingdegree.org/2009/06/22/100-tips-tools-and-resources-for-teaching-students-about-social-media/
- ed Social Media-Case Studies: http://www.edsocialmedia.com/blog/topic/casestudy/
- 14 Tools to Teach Students about Creative Commons: http://thecleversheep.blogspot.com/2008/11/12-tools-to-teach-about-creative.html
- Blooming Google: http://kathyschrock.net/googleblooms/
- Blooms Apps: http://sites.google.com/site/bloomsapps/
- Ontario College of Teachers Advisory on the Use of Electronic Communication and Social Media
Labels: Social Media
After a year of planning and preparation, I am glad to announce that Brock's first Ed Tech Cohort will be launching on September 1, 2011. Thirty teacher candidates have registered to be part of the inaugural group for future teachers that will be skilled at using technology to support 21st century teaching & learning.
In addition to developing their technical competencies, cohort participants will receive instruction in pedagogical approaches that use technology to enhance teaching and learning, professional development curriculum design and leadership theory so that they may become future Ed Tech leaders. Check out the Ed Tech Cohort Google site to get a glimpse of their coursework and see where they will showcase their work.
Just as important as preparing future teachers, we hope that this group can serve as an incubator of education innovation. Consider it, a place where good ideas will come from: